Physician Assistant (Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology) New
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
$69,202 - $120,228
This position is located in the Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology Section, Medicine Service, Salisbury VA Medical Center, Salisbury, NC. The primary areas of responsibility will involve the Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology consults and clinics. The Physician Assistant (PA) will be fully qualified and certified to function in both a clinical and administrative role in accordance with the guidelines and policies of the Salisbury VA Medical Center.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary focus is the clinical management of health care for patients in the Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology continuity and procedure clinics and consult service.
- Promote, direct, evaluate and is responsible for the management of safe patient care to Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology patients.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team to assess and monitor Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology patients.
- Facilitate patient's entry and exit for various health care systems by establishing and maintaining liaison with a variety of medical specialists and associated staff.
- Utilize and promote approved standards of care, procedures, methods, and techniques, and safety precautions and protocols in their application to the Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology patient population in all settings.
- Keep abreast of latest trends, skills, procedures, and protocols relevant in the area of specialty and serves as a resource person for the medical center staff.
- Promote and participate in the delivery of patient and family health and Allergy & Immunology/Dermatology education.
- Participate, direct, and provide opportunities for staff development through in-service education as needed.