Physician Assistant - Allergy & Asthma New
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
We are looking for a Part-Time Physician Assistant needed for a busy Allergy & Asthma practice.
- Assist the physicians with duties including evaluation and medical management of patients
- Medical record charting – progress notes, etc.
- Administration of medications
- History and physical examinations
- Writing patient prescriptions
- Ordering radiological or laboratory testing as needed
- Patient education - patient and family
- Disability forms
- Answering patient calls
- Coordination with other ProHEALTH departments regarding operations, as needed
- Enrolling patients onto current studies and following protocol requirements; responsible for data management and study audits
- Purchasing/ordering of clinical supplies; medications
- Coordination with physicians regarding issues, implementing policies and procedures
- Stress Testing
- Ensuring a smooth patient flow through the office. Performs other diverse duties as requested or required
- Administer allergy injections
- Perform allergy testing and breathing tests
- See patients for follow-up visits
- Manage patient phone calls, prescription and other requests as needed
- Graduate of accredited PA program
- Current NYS PA Certification
- Experience preferred
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.